- EINECS No 201-069-1
- Ph Level 7.5 - 9.0
- Place of Origin India
- Molecular Weight 324.41
- Other Names Potassium Citrate monohydrate, Tripotassium Citrate
- CAS No 6100-05-6
- Appearance White Crystalline Powder
- Supply Ability : 250 Kilograms Per Day
2.00 - 3.00 USD ($)/Kilograms
Price And Quantity
- 250 Kilograms
- 2.00 - 3.00 USD ($)/Kilograms
- 7.5 - 9.0
- White Crystalline Powder
- Potassium Citrate monohydrate, Tripotassium Citrate
- Pharmaceutical Industry
- Nhava Sheva
- Telegraphic Transfer (T/T), Letter of Credit (L/C), Cheque
- 250 Kilograms Per Day
- 1 Week
- Free samples are available
- 25 kg PP bag with LDPE liner inside / 500 kg and 1000 kg Jumbo bag.
- Africa, Middle East, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, South America, North America, Central America, Australia, Asia
- All India
IUPAC name of this compound called Potassium Citrate is istripotassium citrate that has the molecular formula of K3C6H5O7. It appears to be a hygroscopic crystalline powder. It formulated in the laboratories by adding the carbonate and bicarbonate salt of potassium in a citric acid solution until effervescence ceases. This solution gets filtered and evaporated to granulation. In order to regulate the acidity this potassium compound is used as a food additive. CAS number of Potassium Citrate is 866-84-2 and it is used in number of industries. This alkaline salt is also considered effective in order to reduce the pain and frequency of urination which is caused by the highly acidic urine.
Chemical Properties and Applications of Potassium Citrate:
1) Potassium Citrate is an odorless compound.
2) It is soluble in water and glycerin but insoluble in ethanol.
3) Molar mass of potassium citrate is 306.395 gram per mol.
4) It is considered effective for treating different types of health problems.
5) Potassium Citrate is also used as a buffering agent is various buffering agents.