DTPA termed as diethylene triamine pentaacetic acid or Pentetic acid which is an aminopolycarboxylic acid that consist of a five carboxymethyl groups with diethylenetriamine backbone. The molecule can be is used similarly or viewed as an extended version of EDTA. It is water soluble solid with white in color. DTPA forms complexes with uranium, thorium, cerium & neptunium.
1) Molecular formula: C14H23N3O10
2) Molar mass: 393.35 g mol1
3) Appearance: White crystalline solid
4) Boiling point: Decomposes at a higher temp.
5) Solubility in water <0.5 g/100 mL
1) DTPA is used for isolate metal ions
2) Useful in 150 cosmetic products
3) It helps to improve MRI images
Thank You for your valuable time. We have received your details and will get back to you shortly.